6.01.2007

Now I remember why I like journalism.

I like the editing process.

Weird, huh?

I like going over stories with an editor. I like knowing that I have a "good story," but that my editor thinks it can be better, and I like working on it to make it better. I also like it when I'm treated like a fellow reporter, not some kid who doesn't know what she's doing.

I dunno, I'm just kinda content right now. The coffee kicked in, the story is done and needs a few organizational revisions (as always with my stories), I got my first paycheck and I think the arts and style editor's a really cool guy.

I have an hour to do corrections, so I'm going to get on that right now.

P.S. The following sentence will probably define my journalism career for the rest of my life - "I hate leads."

1 comment:

MikeMan said...

Hahahah. Why do you hate ledes? Or did you mean leads?

The editing process is a lot of fun. I love being the editor myself; when I was going through Emily's ROCK FIGHT! story at the end of the year it reminded me of how much I miss doing that.

But I don't like the writing process, it bothers me.

Some people are made to be editors and some people are made to be edited.