6.01.2007

In order of importance.

1. Get coffee. Lots of coffee.
2. Finish story by 10:15 a.m.
3. Type up the scene list.
4. Finish contest entries.

So random thought before I go crazy. All the sports guys have such nicely organized desks. Same with the copy editors.

Then you get the news reporters and two of the editors, and it's all haphazardous piles of papers and notebooks from there.

One more random thought. You know what really bugs me? When people think I don't know what I'm doing.

"Do you know the numbers rule?"

"You know, it's okay to do double spacing in academia, but in journalism, we don't do that."

No shit, Sherlock. I'm just slightly bitter about that. I know he meant well and all, but it felt like he was talking down to me.

"Poor little intern, she doesn't have a clue what she's doing."

1 comment:

MikeMan said...

I get that too. But what's worse is that the people who condascend to me are the ones who don't know what they're doing.

What's worse is that their condascension is about things that are "frowned upon here" or "you can't do that." Fuck off, I can do whatever I want. The point is that it looks good and the readers like it. I don't care if YOU've never done it or YOU wouldn't think of it that way. It's not wrong, it's just different.

Grow some balls, journalism