7.15.2007

Went to the bookstore today.

Bought five books and two magazines.

- The Historian
- Love Walked In
- Suite Francaise
- Happiness Sold Separately
- Queen of Babble
- Cosmo
- Time

My pile of books to read has grown once more.

I should make more time to read these books, but I never seem to get around to it.

I'm still only a few chapters into "Middlesex" even though I got it a month ago.

I remember the days when I would just read and read and read, getting lost in the plots and becoming involved with the characters. I guess I didn't have much else to do.

And now, picking up a book is a luxury, one that I don't get to indulge in all that often anymore. I wonder why.

Maybe I've become too busy for my own good.

Well, at the very least, I'll have the seventh Harry Potter book done in a week's time. I can promise myself that much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same predicament.

Darn work.

I'm picking up HP on Saturday, but when, exactly, will I have time to read it (that is, if I plan to sleep too)?

Maybe I won't sleep.(Ha).

Meanwhile I'm in the middle of 2-3 other books with a list of others I haven't gotten to yet. Like Wuthering Heights.

amy z. said...

oo...Wuthering Heights....SUCH a good book. sappy happiness and gruesome misery amazingly intertwined...

you have a job now. that's the difference between then and now. plus, we were supposed to read like a book a month (although, i don't know how many you actually read of those) so you had all that time. you got home earlier, took your nap earlier, and had time to do homework (if you choose to do so) and read.