7.18.2007

It's going to be a long day.

Had three people say my name one after the other in two minutes.

Am not getting coffee because I am trying to cut back on it.

Am writing a brief on Harry Potter. Though that's not a bad thing.

Need to do my pets story already.

Have at least two other stories to follow up on.

Need to write a research paper for the political science class I'm taking.

Need to sleep more. I cannot emphasize this one enough.

In other news:
Finally saw Harry Potter last night. It wasn't the most amazing movie in the entire [world, but it was good. Really good. I loved how they integrated the Daily Prophet into the scenes to move the story along (of course, I would love something like that). I think it remained true to the heart of the story.

I can't wait until the last book comes out...but I will save my Harry Potter rant for later. I will just sit here at my desk until this public information officer calls me back.

Also, I absolutely love the guys I work with.

Here's a bit of an e-mail conversation to give you an idea.

Guy 1: "Stop the presses. Here's the most important thing we will cover all year.
Who wants it?

[From the beginning of a press release]
LAS VEGAS, July 18 /PRNewswire/ -- From legendary headliners to up-and-
coming superstars, Las Vegas has been host to the best in comic talent for
decades, drawing visitors to The Strip to enjoy a good belly laugh."

Guy 2: "DIBS - And I promise I won't use any cheesy 'what happens in Vegas may not
stay in Vegas' lines."

And they buy donuts too. Doughnuts, donuts...I hate that style. Why does it matter?