7.05.2007

This would be a dealbreaker for me.

So I was reading the comments on this article on Yahoo, and apparently, this is what this man thinks is ideal in the perfect woman:

"Ladies - be a go-getter! Girlfriends with which I've fallen in love have all been go-getters. The first time my current gf spent the night she woke up early, cleaned my house and made me breakfast in bed. Since we’ve moved in I enjoy breakfast almost every morning without even having to tell her to cook it! She ALWAYS has dinner ready when I get home. I work long hours and I never hear her complain when I come home late and ask her to reheat my meal. She also goes to the gym on a regular basis (sometimes it takes some strong words to make sure she complies) and always completes the chores I assign her. She isn’t as pretty as a lot of girls, but with her great body (thanks to the diet I’ve assigned her) and her go-get’em attitude she definitely makes up for it. Men: If you find an old fashioned girl like my HOLD ON TO HER. They don’t come along that often!"

Okay. I have no problem with being old-fashioned. I like old-fashioned. And I agree girls should be go-getters.

However, I do not agree with this guy's definition of old-fashioned and go-getter. And if a guy ever "assigned" me anything (unless it was in a professional setting, of course), I'd slap him (or kick him, punch him, etc.) and then it'd be over.

A guy in a relationship isn't supposed to tell me how to run my life or how to do things like an editor or a boss would. A guy in a relationship is supposed to be a partner, who's willing to make compromises. Does the above sound like compromise to you?

No, he's just a controlling bastard who sounds like he has no RESPECT for her (also key). In my opinion, anyway.

Bah. I just had to get that out there, that really made me grumpy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeeeah, wow. That girl isn't a go-getter, she's mostly under his control. If he had to assign her a diet and use strong words to make sure she goes to the gym, and even says she's not that pretty, this is not a good sign. What an ass.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just had this conversation last night. About the whole partnership thing, and all.

MikeMan said...

LMAO!