1.04.2008

New year.

I missed this blog.

I thought about starting another one, and then decided that that was silly, so I'm back.

It's a new year. I got caught up and burnt out last semester, but here's to hoping that I'll actually update over the next one. I was rather good at it over the summer, right?

So we'll start off with the yearly list of resolutions:
- Learn how to properly build a Web site
- Develop a daily news routine so I stay up-to-date on all of my current events
- Earn a minimum 3.0 in my classes from now on
- Get a healthier lifestyle. Am still trying to figure out how that would work
- Take Saturdays off unless I have no other choice
- Take chances and make mistakes
- Don’t be afraid of where life takes me
- Don’t let work take over my life/have a social life
- Let everyone I love know that I love them (inspired my a dream I had the other night that I died, and didn’t have a chance to do this)
- Ask for help when I need it and stop being so damn stubborn
- Attempt to be more organized. Be more organized. Be more organized.
- Live to see the next New Year’s
- Don’t go to jail

The last two were inspired by Mr. Jim Akins, who I will probably think about each New Year's until the day I die, because I still remember the lecture he gave on those.

Also, list of books to read:
- I Am America (And So Can You!), Stephen Colbert
- Catch-22, Joseph Heller
- The Best American Political Writing 2006
- The Devil Wears Prada, Lauren Weisberger
- Imperial Life in the Emerald City, Rajiv Chandrasekaran
- The Elements of Journalism, Bill Kovach and Tom Rosentiel
- Championship Writing, Paula LaRoque
- The Historian, Elizabeth Kostova
- This Side of Paradise, F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins

In other news, I've turned into an insomniac. The good part of that is because I'm home, I can sleep until whenever because no one will bother me and I don't have any pressing responsibilities to attend to. The bad part is I'm so screwed when school starts again.

What else, what else....I've spent every day of my winter break with my father, who hasn't been able to go to work on account of being sick for the past month. Nice bonding time. We watch CSI: Miami and shows about fixing your home up. He doesn't ask about school or the future like he used to, and I think it's because he's satisfied with where I am right now.

Speaking of the future, I redid my life plan again the other night. It currently includes graduating in five years, studying abroad in London and working at lots of newspapers.

I've also officially changed my minor from music to history. I love music, but when it comes down to it, I like doing it for fun. So goodbye voice lessons and sight singing and (probably) choir. But don't worry, I'll still audition for American Idol/Broadway just because anyway.

Now I'm just rambling, because I'm not tired but I've got nothing left to say. I'm going to go back to reading. Y'know, I missed this reading this. It's nice.

No comments: