5.20.2007

Las Vegas.

I came to this conclusion today, while hanging out with Courtland and Gianna and discussing where we thought we'd be in nine years (because that's when our 10-year high school reunion would be).

After this summer, and after this internship, I don't ever want to come back to Las Vegas for a period longer than a month, max. This place isn't home anymore. I mean, it'll always be the place I grew up, and the place where I am comfortable with giving directions and going around in. It will always be the home of some of my friends and most of my family.

But as I sat on (itchy) grass on this (little) hill and looked at the lights from this (wannabe ) park, I realized that I don't want to live here. Not in this flat, barren, dry and hot desert.

I love this city, but it just isn't for me. I just hope that I'm able to hold true to this statement.

Obviously, if this is what I'm contemplating, then I'm bored out of my mind. I need something to do to keep me busy, and soon, before I go insane.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jessica,

Good to see you blogging. It will be great practice for next year.

I have come to the same conclusion about Las Vegas. There are only a few things that are keeping me tied to "the city that never sleeps" and that includes my family and a couple friends. Reno will probably be my haven for a while.

Anonymous said...

Ditto.
And this morning I realized this should be my last summer vacation whiled away at home, since next summer I want to go to Germany and after that I should, like, get a diploma and a life and a job and just plain out of here. Oy.